Lenco Heaven
September 28, 2024, 12:07:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages:  «previous 1 ... 10 [11] 12 next»   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boy, do I need some guidance.  (Read 3729 times)
Bobby Jones

« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2021, 07:00:33 PM »

A months work, on and off, a good rescue on the plinth.   Welcome to the club.
Thanks again.
I had a bit of a deadline, tomorrow is my 60th.
I’d kissed goodbye to vinyl back in the 90’s and was missing it.
There’s a long way to go before it’s playing as well as it can but it’s on its way, just in time for the party!

ropie
Administrator

« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2021, 07:03:17 PM »

Looking very nicely restored, Bobby cool And happy birthday!

BTW, have you ever visited Infidelity HiFi in Twickenham? I bought myself a pair of speakers from there for my 40th..
frothy

« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2021, 02:47:16 PM »

Great save Bobby, I'll 2nd Kno the plinth came out amazing from first pic's, a lovely example of stock Lenco now.
Enjoy and don't be too surprised when the next one shows up on your doorstep  wink
frothy

marcus
floppybootstomp

« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2021, 03:02:59 PM »

Congrats on getting the L75 up and running  icon_thumright

My real name is Tony
Max75

« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2021, 05:13:56 PM »

Congratulations for your Lenco! icon_thumright

Always nice to see a restored Lenco TT, especially in its original form
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 07:14:02 PM by Max75 » Logged

Lenco L75 + Audio Technica AT3600L ---> LP Gear CFN3600LE + Stanton 500AL MKII Club Series ---> Jico D5127 - Uher CV 140 - Marantz Superscope T-220 - Akai CS-34D - Denon DCD-510AE -  Marantz Imperial 4-G - Lenco K-105
Bobby Jones

« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2021, 11:19:32 AM »

Looking very nicely restored, Bobby cool And happy birthday!

BTW, have you ever visited Infidelity HiFi in Twickenham? I bought myself a pair of speakers from there for my 40th..
Thanks Guys
And I know infidelity hi-fi by Richmond bridge ropie , some beautiful stuff in the window, to nervous for my bank account to walk in there though.
frothy

« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2021, 02:23:32 PM »

Belated birthday wishes Bobby all the best in the coming year, did you end up listening to some B-day tunes on your newly done up deck, that in itself must have been a great gift to yourself....did it make you smile  smiley grin angel cheesy azn

marcus
Bobby Jones

« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2021, 10:22:14 AM »

Cheers Marcus, birthday bash went out the window, tested positive for COVID. Nothing worse than a mild cold.
Still waiting for my new amp so putting the party on hold til we’re all out of house lockdown.
frothy

« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2021, 03:12:25 PM »

what a cock-up this covid is, strange to say glad it was a cold ropies_sick going to be a lot of catching up and get togethers happening down the road.
 ta ta frothy

marcus
floppybootstomp

« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2021, 03:56:25 PM »

Cheers Marcus, birthday bash went out the window, tested positive for COVID. Nothing worse than a mild cold.
Still waiting for my new amp so putting the party on hold til we’re all out of house lockdown.

Did that mean you suffered the Covid-19 virus but it only produced mild cold symptoms or that the positive covid diagnosis was wrong and you only had a mild cold?

I ask as I know several people who've caught the Covid 19 virus and symptoms have been varied with the individual though from what I've seen it's usually the older you are the worse the symptoms.

Two friends, a male/female couple and my lady neighbour, all in their mid fifties, suffered quite badly, making them bed-ridden for a few days but all said the worst symptoms were memory loss and lack of cohesion/disorientation for a few months. But my daughter and boyfriend, both early thirties, suffered the virus but said it was only like having a cold.

If I managed to become infected with any variant of the new lurgey I reckon it would probably put me six foot under or made into a jar full of ashes.

Sorry about off-topic but I was curious.

My real name is Tony
Bobby Jones

« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2021, 03:39:37 PM »

Hi Tony
I tested positive for COVID and had mild symptoms initially, then lately it made me feel very tired and an annoying cough. It’s a strange one for sure, but thankfully myself and all the household are nearly back to normal now, with I hope a natural immunity.
On the hi girls side, unwrapped my new amp yesterday and it’s wow!

Bobby Jones

« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2021, 10:54:03 AM »

Hi folks.
It’s been awhile, hope your all well.
A visit to the car boot sale this morning turned up a few bits and bobs and I’ve got a few questions.
I can see the shure cartridge is a nice one but will it fit my gl75?
The tool for getting the tone arm balanced, is there any info here on how to use it please.
And lastly the 2 GL85 headshells have a strange moving magnet type cartridge in with them( along with the weights  for the anti skating arm, that I was missing!) How can I test the mm? I’ve read you can’t replace the stylus very easily if it’s worn out.
Thanks, any advice great fully received.
Bobby Jones

« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2021, 11:00:51 AM »

Tomcat1969

« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2021, 11:04:27 AM »

Great finds. I believe the strange red carts are Decca. Very desirable. Fantastic finds at a car booter.

Peculiar Permali Platform PTP5, 12"SUPATRAC Blackbird/881S or FR24 mk2/SPU #1e. Parks Puffin, B1 with Korg triode, DIY Pass Aleph J power amp and Tannoy Eaton speakers. Oh, and Nigels Speed Controller.

Billy
Bobby Jones

« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2021, 11:10:09 AM »

Thanks Tomcat, they weren’t a bargain but still a great find I think.
The other question is how to set up the anti skate weights? There are two and they are different sizes.
Pages:  «previous 1 ... 10 [11] 12 next»   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: