Lenco Heaven
October 16, 2024, 09:49:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Revox A76 tuner with some problems  (Read 315 times)
Fidel Costar

« on: September 13, 2024, 01:02:44 AM »

Returned to service after having taken a sleep cure for a few months, my good old Revox A76 tuner is causing me some problems. First of all - and I had already noticed this in my previous flat - it is not as sensitive as is often said. With my König electronic antenna (a sort of equivalent of the better-known Terk antenna), the level of the "signal strength" meter never exceeds 3 out of 5. This is enough to have sound, but not very high quality. I do have a good brand "rake" antenna (Kathrein) stored in the cellar, but if I pretend to put it on the roof, my landlord will shrivel me. 

Furthermore, the output on RCA sockets is a bit nasty sounding, I have the impression that the little pots which adjust the output level are ruined or very dirty. I seem to remember that it is better to use the DIN socket output, but I have to get my hands on the appropriate cable.

Pfff, I've been a big fan of FM tuners for years, but now I think I'm ripe for internet radio...

Christian

Circulez, y a rien à boire.
hatehifi

"fascinating times in which we are living"~grandpa

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2024, 02:26:50 PM »

Hi Christian

I hope your health has improved.

I have a tuner addiction.  Roll Eyes

I’ve had some highly praised ones many years ago but since harman/kardon introduced the TU9600, my search was over.

They can be had for next to nothing (~30€), and come in Champagne and Black.

I can copy the owner’s manual for you and iirc I have a champagne front in my cellar as I use black, if you want. There is even a remote control which I could send and share with you if you have a learnable remote. PM if interested.

Cheers!

John
Little Feat (Mercenary Territory)  
"I've did my time in that rodeo. It's been so long and I've got nothing to show. Well I'm so plain loco,  fool that I am I'd do it all over again."
Fidel Costar

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2024, 05:14:58 PM »

Hi John (long time no see...),
My health is OK, it is the Revox tuner that has taken a sleep cure... sleepy

Thanks for your offer, but I do not need another tuner, I still have at least half a dozen of them (coming from something like twelve some years ago !  huh).

My main problem with tuners (not only the Revox) is that if I put a proper aerial on the roof and a hole in the wall for the cable, my landlord will be seriously pissed. And I am not satisfied with the electronic aerial I use for the moment. That's why I get more and more interested in internet radio. I intend to buy some kind of streamer, and to us the joys of Brazilian and Cuban radios... cool

Cheers!

Christian

Christian

Circulez, y a rien à boire.
hatehifi

"fascinating times in which we are living"~grandpa

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2024, 06:36:18 PM »

Aha!

I have a streamer and Internet radio as well, three inputs!  shocked

Cheers!

John
Little Feat (Mercenary Territory)  
"I've did my time in that rodeo. It's been so long and I've got nothing to show. Well I'm so plain loco,  fool that I am I'd do it all over again."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: