Lenco Heaven
September 06, 2024, 06:24:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L75 Plinth Advice  (Read 1481 times)
jls001

« on: May 17, 2012, 06:52:25 AM »

Hi All,
I have been a long-time lurker on this forum, learning, admiring, and envying the beautiful builds. It eventually made me decide to re-build one myself. After a longish search, I got hold of a Goldring L75 in very good condition from a professional used audio gear dealer, for a nice price. Luckily for me, in my part of the world, Lencos have not yet caught on as much as the more popular 301, 401, or 124s, though there is now a sort of an awakening among the analog cognoscenti.

I have a question for the forum that has been asked before but not answered conclusively. For the layers, I had decided to use the following:

1) Top: high density fiber board, 12 mm thick
2) Second layer from top: marine grade plywood, 19 mm thick
3) Third: MDF, 18 mm thick
4) Fourth: Acrylic, 10 mm thick
5) Fifth: Acrylic, 10 mm thick
6) Sixth: MDF, 18 mm thick
7) Seventh: marine grade plywood, 19 mm thick

I started the project many months ago but got stalled because I could not get the mounting distance for the second arm that I planned (3012 S2). The cutouts are as per ropie's design (thanks, ropie). The cutouts, including the slot for the second arm, are now completed.

My doubt: from the third layer and below, the layers have the same cutout and are therefore interchangeable. Is the above sequence alright? I have not glued the layers yet and can change the sequence. Please advise.

Some build pics:

Rough assembly (note that top left corner now has a cutout for SME 3012 arm)

By jls001 at 2012-02-28

Test assembly:

By jls001 at 2012-03-20

I must say that even without glueing, it is sounding real good.

Regards,
Joshua

Joshua
-------
"Pay no attention to what critics say. No statue has ever been put up to a critic." - Jean Sibelius
ropie
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:13:49 AM »

Hi Joshua and welcome,

I have a question for the forum that has been asked before but not answered conclusively. For the layers, I had decided to use the following:

1) Top: high density fiber board, 12 mm thick
2) Second layer from top: marine grade plywood, 19 mm thick
3) Third: MDF, 18 mm thick
4) Fourth: Acrylic, 10 mm thick
5) Fifth: Acrylic, 10 mm thick
6) Sixth: MDF, 18 mm thick
7) Seventh: marine grade plywood, 19 mm thick

I started the project many months ago but got stalled because I could not get the mounting distance for the second arm that I planned (3012 S2). The cutouts are as per ropie's design (thanks, ropie). The cutouts, including the slot for the second arm, are now completed.

My doubt: from the third layer and below, the layers have the same cutout and are therefore interchangeable. Is the above sequence alright? I have not glued the layers yet and can change the sequence. Please advise.

It's not conclusive because there's no right answer wink  What you propose and what you show seem as good as anything else anyone's tried, and the whole thing looks good.

I must say that even without glueing, it is sounding real good.

thumbsup

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: